VICE PRESIDENT, DIVERSITY
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK for the VP, Diversity. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer, the Vice President of Diversity serves as the organizational resource for all diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging-related matters, at all levels, for JPS Health Network. This position has the responsibility for guiding efforts to conceptualize, define, assess, nurture, and cultivate diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB). The VP of Diversity establishes and implements strategies meant to encourage an inclusive, safe, and diverse workforce.
This leader will position JPS Health Network as a leader in diversity, inclusion & health equity as well as in providing culturally and linguistically competent care to decrease disparities in the process and outcomes of care. At the core of the leadership, the task is improving the teammate and patient experience, which includes concepts of quality, safety, and effective communication. It also concerns reducing health disparities and inequities in all aspects of organizational functions including such practices as promoting patient access, teammate recruitment, employment, engagement, and satisfaction. This role will serve as an advisor, bridge builder, strategic leader, and partner, enabling leaders across the network to identify and execute initiatives to effect lasting organizational changes. This position requires a leader that is willing to engage the community and represent JPS in key community initiatives.
- Support an organizational workforce and culture that is inclusive and respectful of the various backgrounds and cultures that are reflected in our patients and the communities we serve
- Embrace and leverage different perspectives, talents, knowledge, and experience to accomplish JPS Health Network goals and objectives
- Support a unified strategy to advance the well-being of communities to improve health access, address the social and environmental determinants of health, and advance health and healthcare equity
- Provides strategic, integrated program direction and consultation to senior leadership on organizational issues regarding DEIB.
- Researches, recommends and helps execute creative strategies to foster JPS’s DEIB goals that support the DEIB strategy, address business needs and drive business results.
- Act as a change agent to execute DEIB initiatives and programs through strong relationships and partnerships across the company.
- Incorporates DEIB activities and philosophy throughout the employee life-cycle, infusing DEIB into key HR functions including talent acquisition, talent management, learning and development, performance management, succession, employee engagement and retention, talent practices and policies, pay practices, and benefits.
- Provides oversight and guidance to Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) through effective leadership, programming, and governance
- Helps manage enterprise-wide DEI events through partnerships with ERGs, the business, marketing, and others.
- Benchmarks and research DEI best practices and metrics to monitor and evaluate DEI progress.
- Develops and promotes Health Equity strategy and goals, ensuring equitable and inclusive organizational goals, diverse representation, community engagement, and culturally appropriate patient care.
- Works collaboratively with HR, marketing, and other colleagues to promote the DEIB brand to the community, customers, industry partners, and educational entities.
- Develops metrics for measuring the effectiveness of the corporate DEIB initiative implemented and prepares annual reports to senior management on organizational progress.
- Keeps current on DEIB programs and developments by maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional association and educational groups, and professional development efforts.)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience: 15 plus years of diversity and inclusion leadership experience.
- Preferred Certification: DEIB Certification.
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award-winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care facility in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Fort Worth is the 11th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search: