VICE PRESIDENT, HEART & VASCULAR INSTITUTE (HVI)
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, CENTRA Health in Lynchburg, Virginia for a Vice President, Heart & Vascular Institute (HVI). In partnership with the Physician Executive Chair of HVI, the VP of HVI Service Line will be responsible for the overall leadership, strategic initiatives, operations, and management of Centra HVI and reports to the SVP Chief Physician Executive. The VP of HVI Service Line, in partnership with the Executive Chair of HVI, will develop and implement strategic initiatives that align with Centra for HVI outpatient services (Lynchburg, Farmville, Bedford, Moneta, Gretna, Danville) and will work closely with executive and physician leaders on strategy for cardiovascular services at Lynchburg General Hospital, Southside Community Hospital, and Bedford Memorial Hospital. They will work closely with HVI physicians and administrative leaders to provide operational oversight of all outpatient services and will partner with hospital leaders to provide an integrated and seamless approach for inpatient and outpatient operations. They will be responsible for a high level of quality and safety for all outpatient HVI sites and will partner with hospital leaders to provide the same level of quality and safety for inpatient cardiovascular services. Centra HVI has been a highly respected leader for cardiovascular services and the VP of HVI Service Line will work with all HVI and Centra leaders to maintain our reputation as one of the premier programs in Virginia and in the country.
Centra Health is a regional, independent nonprofit healthcare system based in Lynchburg, Virginia. It was created in 1987 through the merger of the Lynchburg General (LGH) and Virginia Baptist (VBH) hospitals. In 2006, Southside Community Hospital (CSCH) in Farmville joined Centra as an affiliate. In 2014, Bedford Memorial Hospital, in Bedford, joined Centra’s network and became the 4th hospital in the system. With more than 8,500 employees, 400 employed providers and physicians and a medical staff of nearly 800, providing care in 70 locations, Centra serves over 500,000 people throughout central and southern Virginia. Centra provides medical services to patients across a geographic area roughly the size of the state of New Jersey, covering approximately 8,000 square miles, through many facilities and practices.
- Implement and monitor the 2022 HVI strategic plans and develop a 3-5-year strategic plan for HVI.
- Develop a strategy to allow seamless care between inpatient and outpatient cardiovascular services.
- Oversight of HVI operations and work in partnership with hospital leaders for cardiovascular service operations.
- Develop operational and capital budgets for HVI and collaborate with hospital leaders for budgets involving cardiovascular services.
- Program growth for all HVI services including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, heart failure, structural heart, advanced imaging, congenital cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, bariatric surgery, wound care, and endocrinology.
- Outreach growth and strategy for Farmville, Bedford, Gretna, Moneta, and Danville.
- Work with hospital leaders to assess the current availability of hospital space for cardiovascular services and develop a plan to allow for growth of cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, bariatric surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and structural heart.
- Develop facility plans to integrate all Lynchburg HVI outpatient services to one location.
- VP of HVI Service Line will serve as a dyad to the Physician Executive Chair of HVI and will report to the SVP Chief Physician Executive.
- 5 Direct Reports, 92 Providers in HVI (41 Physicians/ 51 APP), 200 FTE and $70M budget responsibility
- Competitive compensation, Annual Incentive Program, relocation offered
- MBA, MHA, or higher is required.
- Minimum 10 years of leadership experience in cardiovascular or other service lines is preferred.
LOCATION – Lynchburg, Virginia:
Lynchburg, Virginia is located in the Central Virginia region at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is known as the "City of Seven Hills." Lynchburg is the home of Randolph College, Lynchburg College, Virginia University of Lynchburg, and Liberty University, and is a center of cultural activities such as concerts, plays, lecture series, and art shows.
Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest is in Lynchburg, the home of Anne Spencer - the Harlem Renaissance poet. Lynchburg offers state parks, shopping, cultural events, hiking, golf, and a budding culinary scene. You are close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Roanoke, Richmond, and Charlottesville, VA.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY TO Directly to HARTZ Search:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!