VICE PRESIDENT, ONCOLOGY OPERATIONS
CANCER CENTER OF SOUTH FLORIDA
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an outstanding opportunity for a Vice President, Oncology Operations with our newest client, Cancer Center of South Florida, covering the East Coast Market (Palm Beach County) and the West Coast Market (Tampa), but will be officed in the Tampa market. The Vice President of Oncology Operations will provide day-to-day clinic operational and physician management, operational planning, administrative coordination, and implementation of programs and activities related to the ambulatory component of the oncology service line for the Tampa General Hospital (“TGH”) Cancer Institute, which includes the departments of Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, and Infusion Centers for all locations (travel at monthly intervals or more as needed to Palm Beach County will be required).
The VP will coordinate multi-disciplinary and interdepartmental program planning (multi-disciplinary clinic development and management) with the goal of delivering world-class cancer care to our patients. Our client is seeking a collaborative and strategic leader that has hands-on experience in creating a culture of operational efficiency and accountability in Oncology Services. The ideal candidate will have the leadership experience to continue the positive momentum in the organization, partnerships, and strategic initiatives and carry them over the finish line. We are seeking a candidate with strong operational skills, a clinical understanding of the Oncology Service Line, a strong relationship builder between physicians, nursing, and leadership, and an empathetic individual that continues to develop the team and deliver the highest quality of care.
Highlights & Qualifications:
- VP, Oncology Operations reports directly to the SVP Network Development & Chief of Oncology
- Directly supervises the Clinical & Business Operations Team, and Advanced Practice Providers – outpatient locations: Direct Reports – 5
- Oversight of two regions: East & West Coast Florida markets: Palm Beach County and Tampa
- 4 Locations: Tampa General Hospital, Palm Springs, Palm Beach Gardens, and Riverview
- Tampa General Hospital and Cancer Center of South Florida are now working together to provide personalized patient care with state-of-the-art medical treatments, in the newly formed Tampa General Hospital Cancer Institute.
- Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, infusion centers, clinical trials and pharmacy services provided by the Cancer Center of South Florida
- Competitive Compensation, Relocation, and Potential Bonus Opportunity
- Education: Master’s Degree required
- Experience: Minimum 10 years experience in business operations in a leadership role in a patient care setting, managing multiple stakeholders in a collaborative, compassionate environment
- Skills: Time Management, Organization, Detail & Quality focused, professional image & demeanor, communicative style with the ability to drive focused coordination of projects and deadlines in a team-based environment.
- Provides oversight of all patient care services in oncology service line locations including, but not limited to, laboratory, infusion, radiation, surgery, and office visit activities.
- Oversight of staff schedules and allocation of resources across hours of clinical operations to maximize patient access and satisfaction, provider productivity and efficiency, staff productivity, cost-savings, and operational efficiencies.
- Works to address patient concerns in a timely, courteous, and professional manner, engaging with other team members as appropriate.
- Develops and implements a plan for service line staffing and monitors budgeted personnel to actual.
- Manages operational dashboards including, but not limited to, call center data, productivity data (wRVUs, clinic/hospital visits, etc.), and nurse-to-patient ratios/staffing.
- Ensures effective and efficient usage of the electronic medical record system through training, appropriate upgrades, quality measures, and proactively identifying and resolving issues in collaboration with stakeholders such as Revenue Cycle and Pharmacy Services.
- Responsible for the provision of patient services in the safe and clean clinic working environments by designing and implementing procedures, rules, regulations, and ongoing monitoring.
- Participates in the planning of new facilities and/or the renovation of existing facilities in conjunction with the architectural and design standards of TGH.
- Ensures the effective and efficient delivery of services by the business operations teams (Patient Access, Medical Records/Chart Prep, Scheduling, and Transcription).
- Develops and implement business and clinical operational policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Promotes and monitors compliance with requirements and standards established by accrediting or licensing agencies, regulatory agencies, and local, state, or federal laws relevant to areas of responsibility.
- Ensures confidential information processing.
- Coordinates with the VP of Finance and other stakeholders on monthly physician check-in meetings; assists in the production of presentation materials.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the TGH Cancer Institute oncology service line goals, strategies, objectives, and long-term plans in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Works with the VP of Finance and other service line stakeholders to prepare and manage the oncology service line operating and capital budgets.
- Maintains knowledge of current business and clinical practices in cancer services including, multidisciplinary clinics, infusion center operations/flow, pharmacy/chemotherapy order entry, surgical oncology, and radiation oncology.
- Maintains knowledge of current and new/changing regulatory and national standards including clinical, research, and financial/reimbursement topics.
- Uses application of management theory and practice including systems analysis
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!