HARTZ Search is excited to announce the placement of Doug Chung as the Vice President, Clinical Ancillary Services at JPS Health Network.
After an extensive national search, Doug was selected to lead the clinical nursing ancillary services for JPS Health Network, a 578-bed, national award-winning, Public Safety-Net hospital in Fort Worth, Texas. The VP, Clinical Ancillary Services will be responsible for 6 Direct Reports and 600 Full-Time reports and will oversee all functional areas of ancillary departments, including but not limited to, Inpatient and Outpatient Laboratory, Radiology, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Pharmacy services.
Our sincere congratulations to Doug Chung and JPS Health Network!
Doug Chung will join JPS on September 28th after serving HCA Houston for over 4 years, most recently as the Assistant Administrator of HCA Houston, Kingwood, a 419-bed short term acute care facility with a Leapfrog “A” score. Doug provided executive oversight for Radiology, Lab, Plant Operations, Respiratory, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies, and a Freestanding Emergency Department. He quickly developed Physician Relationships through Business Development Council resulting in 97th PCTL in overall physician engagement, and 99th PCTL in satisfaction with Administration for 2020 Physician Engagement Survey.
Additional Career Highlights:
- Responsible executive for leading ~$40M in capital projects including $15M for 4thFloor Buildout (40 Beds), Cath Lab and Hybrid OR Additions, Central Plant Expansion, OR Refresh, and Patient Room
- Increased Inpatient Rehab admissions (31% YOY in 2019, and on pace for 28% YOY growth as of May 2020) by focusing on internal referral base and leadership
- Chaired Expense Reduction Committee resulting in $1.7M+ in savings through the first 5 months
- Implemented labor productivity standards and staffing controls resulting in $400K+ YOY OT
- Doug Chung has a Bachelor of Science, Allied Health and a Master of Healthcare Administration from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This is award-winning network anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 578-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network was named the best hospital in the United States in 2020, according to a new hospital evaluating system unveiled by Washington Monthly Magazine. Ranking near the top of every category, it out-scored the most prestigious healthcare organizations in America.
HARTZ Search is a proud partner of JPS Health Network! We look forward to following the continued success of both Doug Chung and JPS Health Network!