HARTZ Search is proud to announce Dr. Michael Moxley’s placement as the Chief Diversity, Inclusion & Health Equity Officer for
Roper St. Francis Healthcare (RSFH) in Charleston, South Carolina.
Dr. Moxley’s selection came from a competitive group of finalists and esteemed DE&I leaders presented through a broad national search conducted by Partner Carol Maxwell and CEO Mike Hartz. Dr. Michael Moxley, as the Vice President & Chief Diversity, Inclusion & Health Equity Officer, will be responsible for partnering with RSFH’s Boards, Leaders, Physicians, Teammates, Patients, and the Community to provide leadership in developing and implementing strategic initiatives that embrace and support the various backgrounds and cultures that make up the Charleston community. Dr. Moxley will serve as an advisor, bridge builder, strategic leader, and partner, enabling leaders across the system to identify and execute initiatives to effect lasting organizational changes. His role will support a unified strategy to advance communities’ well-being to improve health access, address the social and environmental determinants of health, advance health and healthcare equity, and lead the community health programs within Roper St Francis Healthcare.
Our sincere congratulations to Dr. Michael Moxley and Roper St. Francis Healthcare!
Dr. Moxley joins Roper St. Francis from Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington, VA, an independent health system with a teaching hospital that has 394 licensed beds. Dr. Moxley held several roles during his seven-year tenure at VHC: Vice-Chair, OB/ GYN Department, Vice Chief Medical Officer of Hospital Specialties, and Director, Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group – OB/ GYN. Dr. Michael Moxley has also served concurrently as the Associate Director, MedStar Washington Hospital Center & Georgetown Graduate Medical Education Program. Before coming to the Northern Virginia and District of Columbia area, Dr. Moxley served as the Associate Dean for Diversity and Medical Education for the University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, Virginia. Dr. Moxley is a District IV Committee member on Health Disparities & Health Equity and Chair of the Association of Professors of Gynecology & Obstetrics Executive Board Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Additional Career Highlights:
- MD – University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
- Residency, University of Rochester – Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Fellow, American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Led an initiative to reduce c-section rates at Virginia Hospital Center – resulting in a 35% reduction in c-section rates and VHC fully meeting Leapfrog’s standard. The rate has remained below 24% for the past four years.
- Co-Chair, Racial Justice Committee for Change, Introduced Anti-Racism training for faculty, Cura Personalis Professional Identity Coach.
- Worked with University President to Establish MLK Celebration Activities, directed Medical Education Leadership Program, established a Diversity Consortium, led Task Force to create mission and values statement on diversity, established diversity website and dashboard, an increased proportion of URM students from 17% to 28% in UVA School of Medicine.
Roper St. Francis Healthcare is a four-hospital integrated health system with over 671-licensed beds and $1B in net revenue with 5K employees. Ranked as one of the Best Places To Work – 2020, by Modern Healthcare: https://www.modernhealthcare.com/labor/best-places-work-healthcare-2020-alphabetical-list